Sewage damage. Those are two words that homeowners dread. Not only is sewer damage incredibly smelly, but it can also severely damage your home and your health. Whether it be from a weather event, such as flooding, damage to a septic system, or a backed up sewer, sewage damage can wreak havoc on a home.
Dangers of Sewage Damage
1. Sewage water is riddled with bacteria, fungus, toxins, and parasites that can cause serious health risks.
2. Sewage water can seriously damage the interior of your home. And the longer the putrid water is left to sit, the more extensive the damage becomes, slowly seeping into walls, carpets, and other porous materials.
So if you ever become the unfortunate victim of sewage damage, it is important to hire a reliable, qualified sewage damage restoration company, a company like Atlantic Environmental Solutions (AES).
While we excel in sewage extraction, AES is not limited to just removing the sewage from your home or business. We also specialize in the restorative drying process, which sanitizes and deodorizes all contaminated materials using the most advanced drying products and techniques available today. Our sewage extraction and restorative drying specialists are equipped with state-of-the-art moisture detection devices, drying equipment, air-filtration equipment and hospital-grade sanitizers, providing you with the cleanest environment and the best restoration to pre-loss conditions possible. Contact us for sewage remediation services now.
A professional restoration company – like AES – will be able to conduct a quick, efficient, and most importantly, safe sewage cleanup. The process includes the following:
1.Removing the sewage: Professional technicians have the knowledge, experience, and the equipment to do this safely and thoroughly.
2. Disinfect: Your sewage damage restoration professional will use antifungal and antimicrobial solutions. In addition to that, they would also use mildecide.
3. Dehumidifying: If the sewage affected the inside of your home, a dehumidifier and other solutions would be used to make sure the affected areas are properly sanitized.
4. Remove Affected Materials: Your sewage damage technician would have to remove any materials that were affected, such as wood, drywall and carpet.
5. Deodorization: The last step to restoring your home back to its former glory is to remove that overbearing odor.
Hiring a professional restoration company is the only way to ensure your safety and the health of your home.
If you have any questions or if you have a situation that needs immediate attention, please contact Atlantic Environmental Solutions by calling 877-296-6653 or click here today!
Our consultative approach and proven methodologies have helped residential and commercial customers throughout Maryland and Washington, DC to resolve even the most difficult environmental problems.