Not all mold is harmful, but others – like Stachybotrys, also known as black mold – can cause adverse health problems, like: swollen, irritated, itchy and burning eyes; weight loss; constant dull, throbbing headache accompanied by sneezing; red and itchy skin; increased risk of asthma and respiratory problems; and increased susceptibility to other infectious diseases. In the most severe exposures to the fungus, brain damage, lung cancer and even death can occur.
This article from Articlebase.com explains the importance of proper mold removal and remediation.
In order to lessen health risks, black mold should be removed as soon as possible after it has been discovered. It has a harmful toxin that affects normal body functions.
If you feel as if you have been exposed, a simple blood test can be administered to find out. Exposure to mold is seen in the human body as an allergic response to something toxic. The body will increase the amount of killer T white blood cells, producing antibodies in an attempt to destroy the mold spores. The doctor will look for a rise in the white blood cell count to confirm or disprove your worries.
Since, like most molds, black mold thrives in areas of high moisture and humidity – like bathrooms, cabinets, kitchens, basements, etc. – the only way to truly be sure you rid yourself of this harmful fungus is to hire a professional mold remediation specialist.
If you have any questions, contact Atlantic Environmental Solutions by calling 877-296-665 or click here today!