Has your basement developed a smelly, musty odor? Well, the smell could be the result of mold or mildew. Because of this, it is important to call your local mold remediation specialists to further examine your situation.
Mold can be detrimental in several ways, including:
- Mold has been linked to a variety of health issues, including asthma, allergies, rashes and sinus infections to pneumonia, skin infections, and much more!
- Mold can damage to your home, slowly eating away at building materials like wood, cement, and drywall.
Mold remediation is important to not only eliminate the overbearing, musty smell from your basement, but also to keep your family safe and healthy.
The Mold Remediation Process
- Locating the Problem: What is causing the mold outbreak? Is there a leaky pipe? Is there a leaky window? How is excess moisture making its way into your basement?
- Isolating the Contaminated Area: Mold spores easily travel through the air when agitated. This is why it is crucial to seal off the contaminated area to prevent the spread of mold to other areas of the home.
- Removing affected Materials: If materials, such as carpets and furniture, have been affected by mold, there items must be removed and professionally cleaned.
- Cleaning the affected Area: This is the part of mold remediation that deals with actually removing the mold from the home.
The trick to dealing with mold is to quickly eliminate mold before it grows out of control. This is where Atlantic Environmental Solutions can help!
AES employs a team of highly-trained, experienced mold remediation professionals, ensuring the proper diagnosis and remedy for your specific mold infestation. Using state-of-the-art equipment and following protocols established by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), we employ the most effective techniques to ensure safe indoor air quality during and after the abatement process.
If you have any questions about Mold Remediation Services or if you have a situation that needs immediate attention, please contact Atlantic Environmental Solutions by calling 877-296-6653 or click here today!