Mold can be a problem 365 days a year, but that problem increases in the spring.
Often mistaken for pollen allergies, mold allergies increase around the same time of the year. Mold begins to grow more rapidly as the temperature heats up.
To make things worse, you may even be suffering from both mold and pollen allergies, so it is best to consult a doctor and have some allergy testing done before you go jumping to conclusions.
If you do have mold allergies, there are some steps you can take to lessen the pain.
1. You can take allergy shots to help combat your mold allergy.
2. You should open some windows in the evening to help let in some fresh air. This is the opposite of what you should do in the summer months.
3. Turn off the fresh air intake damper for forced air heating during the spring, but open it during the summer and winter.
4. Reduce your humidifier setting to maintain a drier atmosphere inside. Mold likes a moist home.
5. Keep your house warmer in the spring.
If none of this works, it may be time to call a mold specialist.
Atlantic Environmental Solutions (AES) is a certified inspection, remediation and consulting company with the expertise to help clients quickly and affordably correct indoor air quality issues resulting from mold, water intrusion, fire, sewage, and more. For nearly a decade, our consultative approach and proven methodologies have helped residential and commercial customers throughout Maryland and Washington, DC to resolve even the most difficult environmental problems.
Contact Atlantic Environmental Solutions for all of your mold removal needs by calling 410-296-6653 or clicking here today!